Welcome to Diabetes Prevention: The Online Education Course!
The information contained in this course comes in a variety of different types: information to read, videos to watch, links to other websites, and activities and quizzes to help you understand more about living with diabetes.
The aims of this course are:
- To improve your knowledge of
- what type 2 diabetes is
- what the risk factors are for developing type 2 diabetes
- how you can reduce your risk of developing type 2 diabetes
- how weight loss affects your risk
- the impact of increasing your physical activity levels
- how to improve your diet
- what other factors affect your risk of developing type 2 diabetes
- To improve your confidence in managing your risk
- To help you make informed choices which will lead to better overall health and wellbeing
- To share experiences with other people through patient stories and peer-to-peer learning
We know that preventing type 2 diabetes is a learning process and you may have picked up many tips and tricks along the way. The comment section below is a great place to share what works for you and to learn from other people in similar situations. Why not take a moment to introduce yourself now.
If you have any complaints or concerns, or would like to offer feedback about this course, then you can leave a comment, use our feedback page or you can email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you cannot access part of the course or if you have any special requirements, then please let us know so we can help support your needs. Non-digital versions of this course are also available on request. This course is currently only available only in English.